Defoamants A & B ------
- Foaming or air entrainment in lubricating oils is typically caused by:
- Mechanical factors in the lube system,
- Oxidation and/or
- Contamination of the oil by foreign materials.
- Defoamants A and B are designed to assist in controlling excess foam.
- Defoamant A is for Hydraulic Oils
- Defoamant B is for Circulating Oils
Defoamant A is used to correct foaming in Hydraulic Oil. The mix ratio is one ounce of defoamant to 100 gallons of oil. Sold in quarts.
Defoamant B is used to correct foaming in Bearing and Gear Oils. The mix ratio is: Gear Oil - 4 ounces of Defoamant to 10 gallons of oil; Bearing Oil - 4 ounces of Defoamant to 100 gallons of oil. Sold in quarts.